We all know that many of us can use a little self-indulgence and pampering now and again, but we often turn to massage because we want our bodies to feel healthier. While getting a massage does much more than just relax your body and mind, here are ten great reasons why it is an excellent idea for you as well as those you love!
- Massage helps reduce stress: The physical benefits alone should be enough to convince you that regular massages are helpful, but there’s one additional benefit that makes them even better: they lower stress levels in your body. Have you ever noticed how much better you feel at the end of the day after a deep tissue massage? One reason for this is that the increased circulation brought on by massage helps cleanse your body of toxins, but another reason is that stress hormone levels are reduced when you get a massage.
- Massage is good for your heart: When you were last stressed out or feeling down, did you notice how your heart started to race? This uptick in heart rate causes an increase in blood pressure and can cause serious problems. Fortunately, regular massages can help prevent this—in fact, many doctors recommend getting one every day if possible! The improved circulation benefits mentioned above also help relieve the strain put on your circulatory system whenever it has to work harder due to stress. By decreasing both body tension and stress hormones with massage in San Antonio, TX, you are doing your heart a big favor!
- Massages improve sleep: Do you have trouble falling asleep at night, or do you wake up frequently throughout the night? If so, regular massages may be able to help. The deep relaxation that massage brings about often leads to improved sleep quality, and many people find that they need less sleep once they start getting massages regularly.
- Massage can help with pain relief: Believe it or not, massage is one of the best natural remedies for pain relief there is! Whether you are suffering from chronic pain or just occasional muscle tension, massage can help. Not only does it help to relax the muscles and ease tension, but the increased circulation can also help to reduce inflammation.
- Massages are good for your skin: Not only does massage feel amazing and help you relax, but it is also great for your skin! The increased circulation brought on by massage helps to improve skin tone and texture, and it can also help reduce the appearance of blemishes and scars. Additionally, the application of oil or lotion during a massage can help to keep your skin hydrated and looking younger.